The Democratic Party of Clackamas County (DPCC) is pleased to announce that we are seeking applications and nominations for the 2018 Jill Thorn Grant Award. Jill Thorn was a former Chair of DPCC and contributed many volunteer hours to our organization.
Applications or nominations must be submitted no later than August 25, 2018. The grant is for $500.00 and will be awarded to a woman, registered as a Democrat, living in Clackamas County running for office for a first time.
- Nominations or applications must be submitted by August 25, 2018 to Grant Subcommittee Chair Kathy Gordon at our DPCC address or email:Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subcommittee will interview nominees and applicants from August 26th through August 31st.
- The subcommittee will submit a ranked list of candidates to the DPCC Executive Committee at the September 5th meeting.
- The Executive Committee will forward a recommendation to the DPCC Central Committee at the September 20th meeting for approval.
- The award will be made immediately after decision for approval by the Central Committee.
The award recipient will be announced at the Roosevelt Dinner and Auction on October 6th.